December 28, 2016 - The holidays can be a stressful time of year for many. With so much to do - like shopping for gifts, decorating the house, and planning get-togethers - anxiety and worry can cloud the mind. Per a poll conducted by Consumer Reports, about 90% of Americans admit to stressing over at least one component of the holiday season. If this sounds like you, remember to take a step back to revitalize and refresh your mind, body, and soul. From an integrative medicine perspective, here are five tips you should practice to reduce your stress level - and enjoy the best time of the year.
- 1. Massage: Getting massage therapy positively affects all levels of your well-being. The slow, rhythmic movements help produce feelings of calm and peace. It also prompts the nervous system to normalize.
- 2. Diet and Lifestyle Coaching: What you eat can influence how you deal with stress. To better equip your body for handling stress, it is recommended to consume the right number of nutrients and get some exercise.
- 3. Meditate: Take some time out of your busy day to meditate; doing so will revitalize your mind and help you relax.
- 4. Practice Yoga: Yoga helps reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure through its combination of meditation, breathing exercises, physical postures, and its distinct philosophy.
- 5. Acupuncture: Studies show that this ancient Chinese therapy helps reduce stress by manipulating the flow of energy in the body. Acupuncture is also used for boosting fertility in Philadelphia and enhancing many other aspects of the body as well.
By practicing these tips, you can help reduce your stress level this holiday season. At the Tao Institute of Modern Wellness, we can provide you with a holistic and natural alternative treatment for stress and depression in Philadelphia. To learn more about our integrative medicine approach to preventative care and health improvement, visit our website at http://www.taoinstitute.com.